What I needed
For the Taco:
- 4-5 homemade whole wheat tortillas [You can use store-bought too]
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/2 green capsicum, sliced
- 1 tomato sliced
- 4-5 pickled jalapeno [ optional]
- Cilantro/coriander leaves
For the Shrimp:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 10-15 medium, cleaned, uncooked shrimps [u can use pre cooked shrimp too]
- 1 green chilli, thinly chopped [ optional]
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Crushed Black Pepper
How I did it:
- In a pan heat, heat the oil and tip in the garlic and chopped green chili [if using] and saute for 1-2 minutes.Add the shrimp to it and cook untill they change color to orange…About 1 minute.
- Season with salt & pepper and turn off the heat.Add the lemon juice.Set aside.
- In the same pan saute the red onion & capsicum for about 2 minutes.Add more oil if required for cooking. Season with salt & pepper and set aside.[See this saves you 1 pan to wash!!!] :)
- Take a whole wheat tortilla[ homemade in my case] and warm it for 10-20 secs over a hot skillet.
- Put a layer of onion – capsicum saute on it length wise.Over that put some sliced tomatoes & avocados.You can use guacamole also. I stuck to sliced avocados!
- Next put up the cooked shrimp and top it with some pickled jalapeno & cilantro! You can top up with some grated cheese & sour cream too, however I stayed away from them!