Red Velvet Cupcakes : Deeba’s Recipe here, yields 12 cupcakes
What I need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cultured buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon liquid red food color
How I did it:
- Preheat your oven at 190C/375 F.Line your cupcake pan with casings or spray them with a baking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
- In another large bowl gently beat together the butter, buttermilk, egg, food coloring, and vanilla.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet and mix until smooth and thoroughly combined.Don’t over mix.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake tins about 2/3 filled. Bake in oven for about 10-18 minutes. Mine took 14 minutes.
- Once done, the cupcakes with spring back when touched.
- Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
For the Orange Blossom Cream Cheese frosting:
What I need :
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese,softened
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon orange blossom extract [don’t over use the extract else the frosting will smell like deodorant :)]
- 1/4 tsp fresh orange zest
How I did it :
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until creamy.
- Mix in the extract & zest, then stir in the confectioners’ sugar.
- Pipe the frosting on to the cupcakes after they are completely cooled.Decorate with sprinkles as you desire.
This is my entry to Nupur’s Blog Bites #9