Ingredients (Makes approx 18 cookies of the size shown)
- 1/2 cup ghee, softened but not melted (substitute with unsalted butter)
- 10 tbsp powdered / confectioner’s sugar
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup besan (fine chickpea flour, available in indian stores)
- 2 tbsp sooji (semolina)
- 1/4 tsp green cardamom powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
In a bowl, sift the almond meal, besan & semolina.Combine cardamom powder & salt with the sifted flour mix.Set aside.
In another medium bowl, tip in the softened ghee and powdered sugar and using a spatula, combine them until creamy. Mix sifted flour in parts to the ghee mix & combine gently to form a soft dough.The dough will be slightly sticky & loose. Wrap the dough in a cling film and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until firm.
Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Take out the refrigerated dough and knead it 3-4 times. Pinch equal portions of the dough. Roll each portion between your palms into a smooth ball with no cracks. Line the balls on the parchment paper with atleast 2″ space between them.Press an almond at the centre of each ball.
Refrigerate again for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 300F.
Bake on the middle rack for 18-22 minutes keeping a close eye, these cookies should remain white.Once you see the bottoms turning light brown, remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes on the sheet itself. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Store in an air tight container at room temperature for upto 3 weeks.
- Do not use granulated sugar in this recipe.
- Almond meal can be made at home by fine-crushing dry whole almonds in food processor.
Enjoy & Thanks for stopping by!