What I need:
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, roughly chopped + more for topping
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice [optional if you have tart strawberries]
- 2-3 leaves fresh mint leaves + more for garnish
- 3 tbsp white granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp unflavored granulated gelatin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
How I did it:
- Pulse the chopped strawberries along with lemon and mint leaves in the processor.Transfer to a bowl, tip in the gelatin and whisk well.Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream to thick peakes.This is important coz once you add the crushed strawberry mix,the mixture will loosen out a bit.
- In another large bowl, beat the ricotta cheese and sugar together until smooth.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream with the ricotta cheese along with crushed strawberry mix.
- Transfer the mousse to serving bowls and refrigerate for at least 3 hours to set.
- Before serving top with chopped strawberries and more whipped cream and few mint leaves.Serve cold.
Sending this to It’s a keeper.