Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
- 5 oz noodles (I use Ching’s brand but any egg noodle will work)
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp oil
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3Â Thai bird chilies (adjust to tolerance)
- 1/2 cup thin sliced red onions
- 4 scallion stalks (green & white part chopped separately)
- 1.5Â cups shredded vegetables (I used cabbage, carrots, green/red bell pepper)
- 3Â tbsp sunflower oil (Use any neutral oil)
- 1.5 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1-2 tsp white vinegar (adjust to taste)
- Salt to taste
For the Eggs
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro, very finely chopped
Cook the noodles as per package instructions. Drain, wash with cold water and rub thoroughly with both & 1 tsp regular and sesame oils and set aside.
While the noodles are cooking, you can prep the vegetables and chop the onions.Also using your mortar & pestle coarsely grind the garlic. Slit and half the green chilies or finely chop them depending on the heat level you prefer.. You could seed them if you like.
Beat the eggs thoroughly and add the salt, pepper and cilantro.In a small pan, heat up 1 tsp oil and on very low flame, cook the eggs stirring continuously. The eggs should be cooked such that they are not loose or runny.Set aside in a small bowl.
In a wok, heat up the oil to medium high. Take off the heat,add the garlic and slit green chilies.Cook for 20-30 seconds till you smell a nice aroma (this is important) and see blisters on chili skin and they crackle. Take care not to burn the garlic.
Return the wok to the stove and add the sliced onions and white parts of the scallions. Cook for 2-3 minutes on medium high till the onions begin to soften but do not brown. Add the vegetables to the wok and a pinch of salt. Saute for another 2-3 minutes till the vegetables are lightly coated in oil and soften a bit.
Next,reduce the heat to very low, add the noodles to the wok along with green parts of scallions, soy sauce, garam masala and black pepper. Toss well so that the noodles are coated well. Check the salt and adjust. Let cook for 1-2 minutes till the noodles are just warmed through. Put the stove off. Add the vinegar and the cooked eggs.
Toss well and let sit for 20-30 minutes if possible else serve right away.
Enjoy & Thanks for stopping by.