A very simple and fun coffee dessert which is one of my favorite. I am a caffeine loving person, if you cannot tell – chai and coffee anything makes me run. I am a huge fan of using the flavors of these beverages in my sweet treats. Coffee Jelly is a very popular japanese dessert. For this dessert I used the recipe from Just One Cookbook. Nami is a seasoned Japanese food blogger and this recipe came out amazing. Now these refreshing jellies do need a creamy element so I made a quick cocoa mascornpne whipped cream and scented it with little cinnamon since cinnamon is one of my favorite spice to pair with coffee.
The recipes are very easy but for the jelly, you have to start a night ahead. Make the jellies and let them set. Make a quick whipped cream next day and serve it. So breezy and your coffee loving guests will love it. If you do not want to serve with whipped cream, a dollop of chocolate ice cream is as good.
Coffee Jelly With Mascarpone Whipped Cream
For the Coffee Jelly – Please follow Just One Cookbook vegan recipe link here
For the Mocha Mascarpone Cream
- 8 oz mascarpone cream , very cold
- 1.5 cup heavy whipping cream , very cold
- 1-2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp powdered cinnamom or vanilla
- Prepare coffee jelly base according to the recipe. Pour it in individual cups and let set overnight.
For the Mocha Mascarpne Whipped Cream
- Place your mixing bowls and hand beater attachments in the freezer for 30 minuutes.
- Add the mascarpone chesse, sifted cocoa powder and cinnamon into a large bowl and beat on medium low speed for 45 seconds or so.
- Slowly start adding heavy cream about 1/2 cup at a time and beating on low speed at the same time. You will first see that the cheese is turning liquid but dont worry.
- Increase the speed once you have added all the heavy cream, increase the speed and beat on medium high for about 8-10 minutes till you see soft peaks.
- Add the powdered sugar next and continue to beat on low speed until all the sugar has been mixed. The resulting cream should have soft peaks and appear fluffy & cloudy.
- Chill till you are ready to assemble.
Assemble the Coffee Jelly Dessert
- Add generous spoons of mich whipped cream on top of jelly, add nuts, shaved chocolate or fruits of choice. Serve chilled.
- The coffee jelly recipe uses agar agar so its suitable for vegetarians.Â
- Use a good quality instant coffee powder for a delicious tasting jelly.Â
- You can serve with a scoop of chocolate ice cream instead of whipped cream.