These 4 ingredient, super easy popsicles are vegan and so perfect for those sweet craving that we all often get. I discovered how amazing matcha tastes in desserts earlier this year and there is no looking back. This green tea powder with numerous health benefits and unique taste needs to be paired with a creamy element and its rather bitter profile changes to pleasing.
Here I used coconut milk and coconut condensed milk as the creamy base along with roasted pistachios which I hand pound for a better texture in every bite. These popsicles are vegan and gluten-free but if you want to make these with dairy, just use heavy cream and regular condensed milk instead.
Pistachio- Matcha Popsicles
- ½ cup raw pistachios
- 1.5 teaspoon matcha powder
- 14 fl oz (400ml) full fat coconut milk, unsweetened
- 8 fl oz (230ml) sweetend condensed milk, or to taste
- In a dry pan, toast the pistachios on low heat for about 6-8 minutes. Cool down a bit. Transfer to a large mortar and pestle and hand pound to a coarse powder. Alternatively, you can grind them in a blender.
- Add rest of the ingredients along with pistachios to a large bowl and using a whisk combine very well until there are no lumps.
- Pour into pospicles molds and freeze overnight or for atleast 8 hours.
- Unmold by dipping in warm water and enjoy!