Coffee Jelly With Mascarpone Whipped Cream
A fun summer dessert of coffee jelly served with luscious mocha whipped cream.
Servings: 5 servings
For the Coffee Jelly - Please follow Just One Cookbook vegan recipe link here
For the Mocha Mascarpone Cream
- 8 oz mascarpone cream , very cold
- 1.5 cup heavy whipping cream , very cold
- 1-2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp powdered cinnamom or vanilla
For the Mocha Mascarpne Whipped Cream
Place your mixing bowls and hand beater attachments in the freezer for 30 minuutes.
Add the mascarpone chesse, sifted cocoa powder and cinnamon into a large bowl and beat on medium low speed for 45 seconds or so.
Slowly start adding heavy cream about 1/2 cup at a time and beating on low speed at the same time. You will first see that the cheese is turning liquid but dont worry.
Increase the speed once you have added all the heavy cream, increase the speed and beat on medium high for about 8-10 minutes till you see soft peaks.
Add the powdered sugar next and continue to beat on low speed until all the sugar has been mixed. The resulting cream should have soft peaks and appear fluffy & cloudy.
Chill till you are ready to assemble.
Assemble the Coffee Jelly Dessert
- The coffee jelly recipe uses agar agar so its suitable for vegetarians.Â
- Use a good quality instant coffee powder for a delicious tasting jelly.Â
- You can serve with a scoop of chocolate ice cream instead of whipped cream.