This maple sweetened ricotta cheese maple mousse is a 4- ingredient dessert can be put together in less than 15 minutes. It is creamy, decadent and has a nice smoky flavor of pure maple syrup in every bite.
- 15 oz Whole Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ to ⅓ cup dark maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- Pomegranate arils
- Chopped walnuts
Line colander with a cheesecloth. Place the colander over a bowl. Add ricotta cheese over the cheesecloth. Let sit overnight or 8 hours to strain.
Add strained ricotta with 2-3 tablespoon of maple syrup to a blender and blitz to smooth.
In a bowl add the blended ricotta and heavy cream and using a hand held electric mixer beat on low speed for about 4 minutes till you see the cream getting thickened.
Add another 3 tablespoon of maple syrup along with spices and beat for 4 more minutes or until fluffy and smooth.
Divide between 4 to 6 serving jars or bowls. Chill for about 3-4 hours. Serve garnished with pomegranate arils and chopped walnuts.
- Please make sure that the cheese and heavy cream are super cold when you start making the mousse.
- Add and incorporate maple slowly while mixing the mousse.